Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shannon is off to Hollywood!



Spirit Fitness Client Shannon Sauer is off to Hollywood this week to compete in her first Bikini Contest. Here is some of what she had to say...

"My name is Shannon Sauer and I am a mother of four energetic, spunky little kids, ages 6-9 years old. I have three daughters and a boy. I have been a stay-at-home mom since my first child was born, and have always used exercise as my outlet for releasing stress and fatigue.

I have always been athletic, playing soccer as a teenager and then later attending a gym on regular basis. I found out quickly after my babies were born that there was nothing like a good workout to help me handle children. It gives me the energy to keep up with them, and the "happy" endorphins to deal with their antics!

I had always looked at fitness competitors with admiration, and had always wanted to do it myself. But I honestly never saw myself as "one of those types." I thought I would never have the discipline or the time to take on such a feat. But I had grown weary of the same repetitive days at the gym and longed to achieve a goal that would make me feel good about myself. I started hunting for a trainer that knew all about competing, and when a stranger directed me to Brenda, I looked her up on her website.
When I saw her photos and inspirational words, I knew I had found my trainer. I met with Bren and found that she was ready to jump on my bandwagon! If I ever thought at one time I couldn't do it, she never let me continue to feel that way. I started training with her around 20 weeks out from a show. We decided on a show in Hollywood (she said, "go big or go home") and she helped me with a nutrition and training program that not only started showing results within a couple of weeks, it made me feel amazing inside.
I feel like I can do anything now. Training for a fitness competition has been hard but very rewarding. I've learned that eating clean is a way of life, not just something we do to look good for a show. But most importantly, if there is one thing I have learned from Brenda and Rod, it's that we must surround ourselves, in every aspect of our lives, with people and thoughts that lift us higher each day.
To me, the last 20 weeks have been life-altering and most definitely for the better! The whole experience was something I needed and I will never look back!"

We are wishing Shannon all the best luck, and She has already won before she even gets there, great job girl!!

No comments: